BreadcrumbsHome / About Us
S*P*A*M (The Society of Properties Artisan Managers) is an association of Â professional Prop Managers and Educators.Â The purpose of S*P*A*M is to serve as an educational vehicle and resource for the managers and to create fellowship among property professionals to address issues of common importance to its members.
The goals of S*P*A*M are:Â
- Create a national communication and support network to share resources, information, solutions and techniques, safety issues, continuing education and stock.
- Promote the highest professional standards among Property Artisans and craftsmen.
- Promote the profession of Properties to potential artisans in college or elsewhere in the theatrical business, and establish educational standards for the training of Property Artisans.
- Improve working relationships and conditions for all Properties Artisans, by educating theatre institutions of the capabilities and needs of Property Artisans.
- Establish parity with other professionals within production specialties.