Chicago Shakespeare Theater, on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL
- The Properties Intern will work 3-5 days a week for 3-4 months, depending on their schedule. There is a Fall, Winter/Spring, and Summer internship slot.
- The Intern will be supervised and mentored by the Prop Carpenter, Prop Assistant, and Prop Supervisor. They will learn about best safety practices and projects basics, while exploring carpentry, metalworking, painting and faux finishes, soft goods, and casting and molding.
- This position is portfolio focused, and the intern is able to design, plan, and construct a personal project, in addition to CST show prop needs. This project will be designed at the discretion of the Prop Supervisor.
- There is a small stipend, which will defray travel costs to and from the theater on scheduled days.
- Application deadline varies by season.
Seattle Children’s Theatre in Seattle, WA
Summer Season Props Assistant
- Assistant will work on four Summer Season shows, supervised and mentored by the Student Show Summer Season Prop Master and Technical Director, learning about designing, building, painting and organizing props for show. The Assistant will also have run crew responsibilities.
- Unpaid full-time position appropriate for high-school or college-age students. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of high school or be 15 years of age.
- Application deadline 11:59pm PST March 13, 2018
- Apprenticeship runs June 25 – August 10